Archive for November, 2013
Posted in Uncategorized, tagged Calm, equanimity, Happiness, Happy, Health, Holiday, Holidays, Mindfulness, Peace, Peace and Relaxation, Stress Reducing, Uplifting on November 25, 2013| Leave a Comment »
In light of the upcoming hectic holiday season, read my poem from my book, “Use The Good Dishes’. The best gifts are from the heart.
Said Grandma to her family, “Here’s what we really need.
Our home is overcrowded, no more stuff, I plead.
We’d love some homemade cookies, or dinner at your place,
Contribute to our charity, or wood for our fireplace.
To our beloved grandchildren, I’ll teach you how to sew.
We’ll read a book together, or watch a video.
We wouldn’t mind some tickets to a concert or a play,
A few stamps for letters, or tokens for the subway.
Grandpa’s socks are thinning; you know I hate to darn.
The dishtowels need replacing. I’d love some wool or yarn
To knit a scarf or sweater that reminds me of the snow
Lend a hand with the shovelling, we’d appreciate is so.
Help us plant bulbs, pull weeds, and cut the grass.
Kids, there’s milk and cookies, when you visit after class.
A long-distance phone card, some film or birdseed,
School photos for our wallets bring a smile, indeed.
A Sunday walk together, a bouquet of fresh flowers.
You can’t buy what we’d love most, a present of hours,
Just to spend time, to chat and have some tea,
Using our good dishes, for us it’s heavenly.
The things that really matter can’t fit in drawers or shelves,
Though we’re grateful for small gifts, the best ones
1. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
2. What others think of you, is none of your business.
3. Time heals almost everything… give it time.
4. Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
5. Stop thinking too much. It’s alright not to know all the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.
6. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
7. Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world.